Welcome to Prarie Pi. This blog exists to journal and document the memories that our family experiences. Pi is "an amount of type that has been jumbled or thrown together at random." We hope to assemble in words and pictures the daily thoughts and activities that happen in our household. We do this to help those that are distant from us get a glimpse into our days so that the miles that separate us won't keep us apart.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Golden Opportunities

This was the view that I woke up to this morning.
Pajama-clad baby girl, all warm and snuggly....waking up with her usual morning radiance, but today, she was a little more GOLDEN than usual.

The sun was shining through her bed-head hair.
~
It was a "spring is so close, let my rays prove that to you" kinda sunlight that made her look different.....I hadn't seen the morning sunrise peak through our east bedroom window for a LONG time. And even when I did, it was short-lived followed by more clouds.
~
Waking up to a bright room put an extra bounce in my step as we tackled the day.....and that bounce stayed with me as Mister Sun decided to show it's glorious face ALL DAY LONG!!!
~
I know other family members must have been feeling some of the same sentiments as I was as I happened to come across this view in the afternoon.....

I don't know if the temperature gauge ever did climb past 50 degrees, but even so, you can tell we are all craving more vitamin D!!

It's early March yet, but we can almost taste spring....and it tastes wonderful!

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment